The Estadio Santiago Bernabeu will be lit up this Sunday as Real Madrid host Sevilla in a La Liga match at the weekend.
Both teams will return to domestic competition after victories to boost their spirits in the UEFA Champions League.
The home side booked their place in the knockout stages for the 25th season in a row thanks to a 3-0 win over Sheriff Traspol on Wednesday. David Alba, Toni Cruz and Karim Benzema found inspiration in the background of the network Whites For victory.
Sevilla secured maximum points with a routine 2-0 home win over Wolfsburg. John Jordan and Rafa Mir scored in both halves to lead their team to victory.
Both sides will turn their attention to top-of-the-table league action on Sunday. Real Madrid are currently leading the table with 30 points from 13 matches. Sevilla are two points behind in third place and two places down.
Real Madrid vs Sevilla Head-to-head and key numbers
- Real Madrid have won 32 of their last 52 games against Sevilla. Andalusia has won 16 times while four matches ended in a draw.
- As manager, Carlo Ancelotti won five of six against Sevilla.
- The visitors have not won at the Bernabeu since December 2008, while Julen Lopetegui has won just one of a possible 12 points against Real Madrid as manager.
- The home side have won each of their last five games in all competitions, part of an eight-game unbeaten run.
- Real Madrid have scored 32 goals in 13 La Liga games, representing their best return in attack at this stage in the last five seasons.
- With 10 goals and seven assists, Karim Benzema has directly contributed to 53 percent of Real Madrid’s goals in the league this season.
Real Madrid – Sevilla Prediction
Real Madrid are in a good position at the moment and the capital seems to be leaving no stone unturned in their quest to reclaim the league crown.
Led by the in-form Karim Benzema, with the all-improved Vinicius Junior, Bernabeu fans will expect their team to come up with trump cards.
However, they should be wary of Sevilla’s threats, especially on the counter. The visitors have reinvented their defense and will not make life easy for their hosts.
Both sides are chasing the title and are likely to go all out in attack. However, we expect Real Madrid’s superior quality to shine through in a close win with goals from both sides.
prediction: Real Madrid 2-1 Sevilla
Real Madrid vs Sevilla Betting Tips
Tip 1: Real Madrid win (Los Blancos are on a five-game winning streak, and their strong record at home against Sevilla is also a factor).
Tip 2: Both teams score yes (in five of Real Madrid’s six games in La Liga, both sides have found the back of the net).
Tip 3: Karim Benzema can score anytime yes (the Frenchman is in the form of his life and also has a good record against Sevilla, with 9 goals and 10 assists in 25 matches).
Also read thisArticle continues below.
Tip 4: Over 2.5 goals (Real Madrid have scored…