Mojang has released the third edition for Minecraft 1.17 Caves and Cliffs Update.
Moyang introduced the first edition last week for the much-anticipated Cave and Cliffs update. The arrival of the pre-release version means that the update is ready and is still being smoothed out for the official release.
Mojang released the second edition yesterday with an update date. Developers are now preparing to start the updates as the release focuses on debugging rather than adding new features.
Players can download Pre-Release 3 to experience the upcoming features before the official release. Pre-release version testing is one of the best ways to help the Mojang team release better updates.
If players encounter any issues or bugs, they should always share their valuable feedback with the developers.
Steps to Download Minecraft 1.17 Pre-Release Update 3
Minecraft 1.17 Pre-Release 3 is available for free to players who already own a copy of the game. To install the latest release, players will need to download the latest Minecraft Launcher.
Follow these simple steps to download 1.17 Pre-Release 3:
- Download and install Minecraft Launcher from the official site if it is not already installed.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher.
- Go to the Install option at the top left corner of the screen.
- Enable snapshots from the installation menu.
- After enabling snapshots, create a new pre-release installation 3.
After installation, players will be able to play Minecraft 1.17 Pre-Release 3. Since this is not an official release, it is recommended to create a new world to test new features. Always back up the world before upgrading to a snapshot or pre-release version.
Changes in the third edition of Minecraft 1.17 update
- Cut out the texture of the lit candles.
- Goat-laden mobs will no longer retaliate.
- Axolots and luminous squid now only spawn in complete darkness and where there is less than five blocks of natural rock below the spawning area.
Important bug fixes
- When placed in third person, the lightning rod floats.
- Baby axolotes osilaze
- Floating water caves in caves under the sea
- The bull can move upwards to incomplete blocks.
- A race of caves seems to have broken up at seemingly random boundaries.
- The lit candle text does not change when it is on the cake.
- Warnings about program closing double after closing the game
- Gravity blocks are not interrupted when doEntityDrops is set to false.
Interested readers can check out the rest of the Big Fix on the official Minecraft website.
Read: Minecraft 1.17 Caves and Cliffs Updates Pre-Release for Java Release: Everything You Need to Know