Skip to content
Home » FBI, IL State Police search Lockport canal for Stacy Peterson’s body, sister says

FBI, IL State Police search Lockport canal for Stacy Peterson’s body, sister says

Lockport, Ill. (WLS).

Stacey Patterson has been missing since October 2007 when the mother of two vanished from her Bolingbrook home.

Correspondent: Stacey Patterson’s sister continues to search for missing remains.

Her sister Cassandra Kelce has long believed her husband, Drew Patterson, a former Bolingbrook police officer, killed her by dumping her body in the river. His remains were never found.

“My life is basically trying to figure that out,” Kelis said.

In May, Kelce sent inquiries to companies that were donating their time to search for Patterson’s remains in a water blind 21 feet deep. At that time the pain could not tell if any human bones were found or not.

Peterson was not seen alive on October 28, 2007.

I doubt Drew Peterson is formal in his disappearance. He will likely spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of his wife, Kathleen Savio. Stacey Patterson was never charged.
RELATED: 10 years later, family hopes Stacey Patterson’s disappearance can be solved

The Illinois State Police Division of Criminal Investigation Zone 3 has confirmed “an active and ongoing criminal investigation” into the Chicago Sanitarium and Ship Canal in Lockport. An FBI ISP said he assisted in the investigation.

He declined to provide further details to “protect the integrity of the case”.

In the weeks after Patterson’s disappearance, Kelis told investigators he was looking for her body in the Sanitary and Shipping Canal, and on several occasions “ABC7” Sonar claimed the remains had been stolen. But the authorities are always empty.

Recently, Kelis said he compared the skeletal remains to what he believed to be his sister’s body.

“How many times do I have to hand my sister or whoever is with them on a silver platter and then do nothing?” He was surprised.

State police said they were dispatched to a different location Tuesday, but believe nothing was found.

“I’m very disappointed,” Kelis said. “We told them about it in May. But they waited five months to investigate.

Kelis said an inquest was held about his sister’s remains, in part to prove that her sons had not only run away, but also to give them a proper burial.

Copyright © 2021 WLS-TV. All rights reserved.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.