The two newly-promoted sides will swap matches at the Brentford Community Stadium as Brentford host Norwich City U of the English Premier League on Saturday.
Both sides have different fortunes since their development. The home side have been more consistent and currently sit in 12th place with 12 points, although they are just five points above the drop zone.
Norwich City are bottom of the table and have just two points for their efforts in 10 matches so far.
Brentford come into this match on the back of a 3-1 defeat against Burnley. Suman Ghodos’ shot in the second half proved to be just a comfort shot for West London.
Norwich City’s poor form continued with a 2-1 home win over Leeds United. Raphinha and Rodrigo scored either side of Andrew Omobamidele’s attack in a thrilling series of games that saw three goals in four second-half minutes.
Brentford v Norwich City Head-to-head and key numbers
- This will be the 61st meeting between the teams and Norwich City have a slightly better record with 27 wins. Brentford have been victorious on 22 occasions, while the previous 11 matches have ended in defeat.
- They last met in March when Emiliano Buendia beat Norwich City 1-0 at home in the 34th game of the EFL Championship last term.
- Brentford’s defeat at the hands of Burnley means they have now lost three Championship matches in a row.
- Norwich City are one of only two teams without a win in the Premier League this season, and their run without a win in the league stretches back to November 2019.
- Daniel Farke’s side have failed to score at Carrow Road this season, while Brentford have lost each of their last seven games in a row.
Brentford – Norwich city forecast
Norwich City’s poor start to the campaign is the worst in Premier League history, picking up just two points from the top 30 available.
Brentford’s honeymoon looks set to come to an end after a brilliant start to the season. However, Thomas Frank’s side have the best chance of getting back on track against hapless Norwich City.
The hosts have struggled defensively in recent weeks, but may not be too bothered by Norwich City’s toothless attack.
There is closeness between the two sides at Championship level and this could give the visitors an advantage in the game. However, we back Brentford to secure a comfortable victory in front of a clean sheet.
prediction: Brentford 2-0 Norwich City
Brentford v Norwich City Betting Tips
Tip 1: Brentford to win (Norwich City’s unbeaten run doesn’t look like it will end anytime soon, and the team’s confidence is waning).
Tip 2: Under 2.5 goals – yes (three of Norwich City’s last five games have scored two goals or less).
Tip 3: Both teams score – No (Norwich City have ‘lost’ 13 of their last 17 Premier League games)
Also read thisArticle continues below.
Tip 4: Under 10.5 corners (matches in which Brentford City take part average 8.8…